Monday, January 28, 2013

With Sympathy

Every blog I read I see the same thing...everyone dislikes making sympathy cards.  Not that they are any harder to make but the purpose behind them.  This last week my husband's uncle passed.  It was expected but his loss will be sincerely noticed by many.  Terry was one of 5 siblings and with extended family I needed to make quite a few cards and these came together very easily.  The banners and spritzing were inspired by Dawn's card.  I used the stamp set Nature Walk.  The DSP is Comfort Cafe and the paper is Cajun Craze, Soft Suede and very Vanilla.  I used soft suede ink for the bird and images on the First Edition DSP.  I used the color spritzer and soft suede marker for the distressing.  The sentiment is from teeny tiny wishes in Early Espresso.  The button is a naturals designer button (page 176 of the IB & C) and tied with linen thread.
Thanks for looking I hope you might use this inspiration to make up a card to have on hand when you need one.  The layout could be reworked with different colors or it suited for Father's Day or a bird enthusiast. That is why I chose this set instead of Thoughts & Prayers as Uncle Terry and his wife loved to watch hummingbirds and had TONS of feeders to be able to help the birds on their annual migration.  It was amazing to see how many hummingbirds visited them.

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete