Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year



Happy 2013!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and new year holiday.  We enjoyed lots of family time but suffered through a nasty head cold.  School is back in for the little guy and we are getting back into a routine.  I sure have been in my craft room and have a few things to show you over the next few days.  In the new year I have a few friends expecting new babies and my first project is a hat and card.  Below is the inspiration for my project...the bedding for the new little one.



Here is the hat.  I have used the pattern from this blog for all the baby hats I make...and I make a lot of hats. this one is for a baby girl so I added a flower.


And here is the card to go with it.



The base is Daffodil Delight embossed with the chevron folder.  Then a layer of basic grey (quickly becoming a new favorite color of mine) and a layer of basic grey DSP.  Some ribbon and some buttons finish the embellishments and the stamped images are from the new Spring Catalog.  The set is called That's the Ticket.
I hope you've enjoyed this project.  I could easily see this card as a gender neutral baby card.  Oh and before you get jealous of my ribbon and DSP stash I have a secret for you....product shares.  I totally take advantage of when other demos offer product shares it is a great way to sample new things or just have a little bit of everything...come on who doesn't want it all.  Right now I know of four demos having product shares for US folks plus each of these ladies have great blogs.  Check out EricaSarahAngie or Patty.
later!

No comments:

Post a Comment