Sunday, December 9, 2012

Last of the tags

OK the wait is over here is the last of 12 tags made.  As all card makers know the first one you make always takes longer so i'll be reproducing a couple of the simpler tags for the rest of the gifts we are giving.





***The first card is a gift card holder.  I folded a 3" wide piece of whisper white and put the fold just above the bottom edge of the die.  This created a pocket.  I punched the front with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I put a small square of Candy cane fabric (currently on the clearance rack) in between and sewed it shut with a zig zag.  To my utter surprise....seriously a happy accident...I found a gift card will fit in it.  I used the ornament top from Sweet centers and embossed it in silver.  I added the tree branch from Watercolor Winter.  The ribbon is retired baja breeze accented with a candy cane button and some real red ribbon.
***The folded tree is half of the scallop circle die.  There are several folks on line that have tutorials how to fold them.  The base is a piece of wood veneer.
***I love the next tag it uses my latest purchase Watercolor Winter.  The base is very vanilla and uses an embosssing window.  The DSP is from Festival of Prints and a new wood button.  Makes it more masculine I think.
***The snowman is a combination of ideas from Heather Summers and Shana Gaff.  Isn't he too cute!
Pool Party and Cherry Cobbler go great together.
***The Santa tag is great example of making Christmas out of non Christmas DSP...this is Summer Smooches DSP.  The ruffle is whisper white in the vintage wallpaper embossing folder with 3 brads.  The belt is scalloped ribbon and the buckle....yeah you have it...a pop can top (or soda or Coke....depending on wherever you're from).
I hope these have inspired you to make some of your own tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment