Thursday, October 3, 2013

Glitter Queens Blog hop Day 2

Welcome back!  I hope you are arriving here after checking out what Tamara created today.  I love her cards from yesterday and have to try the peek-a-boo one.
Thank you so much for your comments on the pumpkin. I will give a brief list of instructions to make it at the end of this post.
Today I have a simple but stunning card for you.
This card has a crushed curry base with accents of tangerine tango and chocolate chip.  The main image is Magnificent Maple.  I colored it all over first with my crushed curry marker then accented it with the tangerine tango marker.
If the layout looks familiar it was an accident but when I was done I thought "it looks like a flip card".  Take your inspiration from anywhere.  Even though this isn't cut with the thinlet die it is still a great layout.
I added a piece of crushed curry chevron ribbon and made a matching envelope from the Sweater Weather DSP.  To add a bit of interest I punched out a circle from the DSP and will use it as the envelope seal.
I hope this project gets your seal of approval.  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the last day of our hop.  I have another 3-D project for you.  Please make sure you see all of our hopping Glitter Queens.  You start with Dawn
then onto the hoppers

Now the pumpkin.
You'll need a styrofoam ball, rubber bands, a sharp knife, a dull knife, fabric scissors, fabric and batting.
Using the rubber bands around the ball divide the ball into six sections. 3 rubber bands with ends crossing over at both poles.
Cut rectangles of fabric long enough to go from pole to pole with a little extra and a little wider than the section at its widest point.  Cut the batting slightly smaller and more true to the shape of section.
With the sharp knife make thin but 1/4" deep channels into the styrofoam (a messy job so do it where you don't mind vacuuming later)
You can remove the rubber bands or let them be in the channel.
Lay the batting down first then the fabric.  With the dull knife push the fabric into the channels making sure not to put in too much that you don't have fabric on the other side to stuff in.  start in the middle and work towards the poles.  You'll need to trim fabric and batting as you go so you don' t have too much to shove into the channel.
The stem can be a random stick or twig from the yard or if you have a crafty person around (my dad made this stem) they can carve it from a small piece of wood.
I hope these directions are clear but if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or email me.
have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Looks so nice with the inside of the envelope matching the front layer of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card and I love the envelope as well great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft fall colors, De. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete