Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bapoy!

I just love the Minions and there have been a few made from punch art out there in the crafting world lately.  I actually worked on a card like this a few weeks ago but instead of going to its intended recipient I had to give it away early for to a new Kindergarten friend.
But making it the second time was easier and I added the mouth detail and the tongue :)

The base is Daffodil Delight cut with the oval framelit.  The overalls are Pacific Point given texture with the hexagon tamp from Six Sided Sampler in Versamark.  I used dimensionals to pop up the straps and added a real button to each strap.  The pocket is also up on dimesionals.  The Gru logo is made using 2 small oval punches one in Pacific Point and the other black.  I hand drew the G with the help of a ruler and then cut with an x-acto knife and my iris scissors.  It makes the drawing easier if you use temporary adhesive to glue the oval to your grid paper and mark your 4 compass points on the paper.
The eye is 1 3/4" circle punch in white and then a shaker part was made for the silver goggle.  The straps are black grosgrain ribbon.
Inside the shaker is a 1" white circle and 3/4" chocolate chip circle and it free floats in the shaker part.  The hair is also chocolate chip cut with the large oval.
I hope you like this card or it made you giggle.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the minions and this card is adorable. Especially the FLOATING EYE. BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete