Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cloudy day thank you

When I was at home in the States I was given 2 lovely Vera Bradley purses by my mom's neighbor.  She also got my son a cute Thomas book.  So to say thanks I made this card using my recently purchased Cloudy Day Embossing Folder (EF).  The base is made from Pool Party.  A layer of whisper white embossed and lucky limeade CS, DSP and ribbon.  I embossed the Curly Cute verse in white to make it stand out.  The kites are from a retired set Send me Soaring.  But it's not that hard to cut the shape and embellish.  Bakers twine for the strings and you're done!


Before making the card I spent about 30 to 45 minutes reorganizing my ink pads, markers and cardstock to go along with the new Color Refresh.  My marker collection was the most severely impacted....sigh but I'm SUPER excited for the 5 new in colors.  I can't believe that Pretty in Pink and Riding Hood Red are leaving the line up and I will also really miss Not Quite Navy and More Mustard.  I'm not ready to open my arms to crushed curry again but hey I'll drink the kool-Aid and go with the flow.
I have two more birthday cards this week so come back for another visit.  Don't forget Wednesday is the day SU will release the list of retiring stamp sets and accessories.  The accessories usually go fast so don''t be afraid to order those right away.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't see your photo on my iPad, iMac or PC at work? I wonder why? I can see them in all the other posts with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete