Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Evergreen Version One

It is getting to be that time of year that I am starting to think about Christmas cards.  I enjoy this process of making them and consider a hand made card a mini gift to each person.  My mom ordered the stamp set Evergreen from the holiday catalog and until it makes it to her house I thought I would play with it a little bit.  Turns out this won't be my card this year but I wanted to show you 2 versions of Christmas cards made with the Evergreen set.
The base is just a standard premade kraft card base.  The tree is a 2 step stamp.  I stamped it in gumball green on very vanilla.  The overstamp is with SU shimmer paint.  The DSP is from the holiday catalog as well it is Festival of Prints.  I love this DSP and I almost overlooked it on page 20.  It is 48 small sheets (6 1/2 by 4 1/2") for only 6.95.  Do you have DSP anxiety?  Sometimes I do....you know that feeling the first time you cut into that beautiful huge 12 x 12 sheet.  These little beauties are great...almost like using up scraps.
I matted the tree in cherry cobbler and tied some baker's twine with a mini jingle bell (from last year's catalog).  The word Joy is cut out on the big shot with the joyful sizzlit I got on the SU clearance rack.
I used the small star from the set in versamark to add a little something  to the bottom of the card.
I hope you enjoy this little card and maybe get some inspiration.  CASEing makes the holidays easier!

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete