Saturday, October 13, 2012

twisted card tutorial

I  first saw this video on the SU demo website but it is also available on You Tube.  Thanks so much to Kelly Gettelfinger for this great video and card.  I've made 3 so far and learned a few lessons along the way.



When I cut the base CS I cut it and do NOT pick it up....simply rotate to score.   When I cut the DSP I have the CS piece close by for reference....remember to score it in the same way as the CS (i.e.  top right to bottom left).  Whichever pattern is on TOP will be the one that is the pattern for the larger piece.  If you are using a DSP with a definite direction you may want to take a little time to make a pattern piece of extra CS to help cut it out.  I hope by watching the video and taking these hints to your craft table you will have great success with this fun card.
Here is an example of a card I made using the  template pieces.  Because this paper was directional (not SU).  I wanted it to be straight so I just traced it and cut it out.  This is a card for a precious little boy Nathan who I learned about on Catherine Pooler's blog.  He is not much younger than my little guy and is fighting cancer by welcoming the spirit of Christmas early.  If you have a chance send him a Christmas card to brighten his day.  Thanks for stopping by.  I have been busy creating so keep checking back to see what's new on my craft desk.

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete