Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sympathy card

This is a case of a card from a new SU friend I've recently met...thanks Margaret.  She used Pocket Silhouettes and I don't have that set but there is a similar simple flower in Best of Everything.  I have now come to the point where I can see a card and then make what I have work...most of the time.  The base is river rock.  The layer is Baja Breeze.  I stamped the flower once in versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  The others are stamped in Not Quite Navy and clear heat embossed.  I sponged the edges first with baja breeze, then marina mist and finally not quite navy.  The ribbon is on the SU clearance rack (bargain!) and the sentiment is from a retired set whimsical words.  This card is going to my cousin's husband who just lost his mom.  Thanks for looking.
Please be sure to come back this Monday September 5th.  We will be having our first ever Glitter Queens blog hop.  I've got candy...who wants it!

1 comment:

  1. Simply elegant! I just may have to CASE your case...LOL!! Is there anyway I can get updates on your blog thru e-mail? Found you on SCS.

    ReplyDelete