Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SUO challenge #76

I had this card on my desk as I am trying to get ready for the start of school.  My son will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks and we are so excited for him to start this adventure.  The card base is crumb cake and I used a piece of DSP (retired Storybook) for the main focus.  It needed to be popped off of the base and so I used some scrap Real Red and cut narrow strips and attached to the top and bottom of the DSP.  The greeting comes from regarding Dahlias.  I used the hexagon punch to cut it out and then mounted it on pool party and used my paper snips to mat it.  A little retired bakers twine and a couple dimensionals and it is finished.
I am not sure if I will make a couple more to have on hand to send to his teachers or to make a gift set to give to a teacher.
Now everyone gives teachers apples and I'm sure they are obliged to accept them with a smile but if I were a teacher I would be really excited if someone gave me a coffee treat.  I had this project on my desk also to give to a friend who is moving to Germany soon.  The jet lag getting here is pretty hard and they arrive on Sunday afternoon and have to start work the next morning before 7.  I think these little packages of instant espresso might come in handy for a traveler or a teacher.
This is a 3-D pouch using the retired petite pocket die, chevron EF, raspberry ripple DSP for the belly band.  Tiny teacup stamp (retired) and the greeting is from Storybook friends.  I say yippee when I have a good cup of coffee...don't you?

Thanks for stopping by today in between trips to get clothes, backpacks and crayons.
Check back in the next few days I have some more cards (kid and feminine) and a too cute baby card.


2 comments:

  1. So cute...I love that DSP...and how fun for your son to be starting Kindergarten! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete