Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother's Day

You know what they say....April showers bring May flowers.  With Mother's Day quickly approaching I have been working on 2 cards.  One is all flowers for my mom who is a master gardener and one for my husband's step mother who loves camping.
The flower card is using a technique I recently saw on Splitcoast stampers.  All you need is an open flower stamp set.  Heat emboss the image in white on kraft/crumb cake. Then use your aqua painter and SU white craft ink (either from the ink pad or a few drops from the refill bottle) to whitewash the petals.  Okay a moment of confession : I have had my white craft pad for nearly 10 years and until the other day I hated it.  It was always too juicy and took too long to dry and didn't emboss well.  Today I LOVE it.  I still use versamark and white EP to emboss but now I finally have a use for that pad which has come dangerously close to the trash many a time.
After that white wash layer has dried use your aqua painter and regular ink to color over the petals.  These flowers are from the retired a year or two ago set 5th Ave. Floral.
The cage is a Tim Holtz die cut out in Wisteria Wonder.  The bird is from kaiser craft.  I used SU pearls to doll up the cage and the labels framelits is used to cover up where I messed up and so I under mounted a piece of DSP with the sentiment embossed on it in early espresso EP.  A piece of ribbon and a retired everyday enchantment brads.

My next card was inspired by a Pin.  It was so cute I had to create a punch art version of a camper trailer.  I had a piece of Sycamore Street DSP on my desk and I thought it would be cute as the curtains so that set the color pallet.  I started with a square of calypso coral and with my ovals framelits and a pencil drew some lines to round off the shape.  The door and window are pool party.  I also used some vellum to help with the illusion of a window.  
A strip of silver paper with one end put into the modern label punch is the trailer/hitch.  The 1 1/4 inch circle punch makes the wheel well and the 1" and 3/4 " make the wheel.  the banner is made with the pennant punch (just the very tip)
The bottom is finished with a trip of lucky limeade CS, DSP and bakers twine.  I also used the cloudy day EF on the background piece.
I hope you enjoyed these cards and feel inspired to make your own garden of flowers or punch art.

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete