Follow by Email

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Liv

I've been remiss in sharing this birthday card but when the recipients mom declared it "the cutest card in the history of card-dom" I thought I would post it.  I saw a pin on Pinterest similar to this with just the paper rolled up for the candles.  I'm sure I saw the money or the cake idea elsewhere as well but I can't seem to find an example now.  The  base card is pool party.  The cake layers are island indigo, summer starfruit and tangerine tango.  Each is embossed with a different embossing folder.  I used a small crochet hook to tightly roll up some crisp dollar bills (7 for the 7 year old it went to).  I secured the dollar bills with a small piece of removable tape then wrapped each in a piece of DSP from sale-a-bration.  A small piece of pool party bakers twine is in the middle of each to give the appearance of a wick.  I hope you enjoy this card as a nice way to give money as a gift.  If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment