Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Liv

I've been remiss in sharing this birthday card but when the recipients mom declared it "the cutest card in the history of card-dom" I thought I would post it.  I saw a pin on Pinterest similar to this with just the paper rolled up for the candles.  I'm sure I saw the money or the cake idea elsewhere as well but I can't seem to find an example now.  The  base card is pool party.  The cake layers are island indigo, summer starfruit and tangerine tango.  Each is embossed with a different embossing folder.  I used a small crochet hook to tightly roll up some crisp dollar bills (7 for the 7 year old it went to).  I secured the dollar bills with a small piece of removable tape then wrapped each in a piece of DSP from sale-a-bration.  A small piece of pool party bakers twine is in the middle of each to give the appearance of a wick.  I hope you enjoy this card as a nice way to give money as a gift.  If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete