Sunday, February 26, 2012

Male birthday card

Here's the third card I'll be offering as part of my Harpy Birthday Everyone class.  Like most of you I struggle with masculine cards.  I mean you can't put the really fun stuff like glitter and ribbon :( So here is my answer which holds to the basic design principals I have for guy cards....use nice bold colors, use geometric patterns, and keep it simple but fun.
This card has a tempting turquoise base cut 41/4 by 11 score at 5 1/2 and then score about 1 1/2 inches form the edges to fold down.  Secure the sides to make a pocket.  Decorate the pocket fold ( I used big top birthday).
The pennants are from pennant parade as is the "wish big" sentiment.  They are popped up on dimensionals.
The inside of the pocket is cut from whisper white with a round tab punch at the top.  Not much room to write a message but sometimes that's a good thing :)
I hope you enjoyed these class cards.  I have much more posting planned now that I have the watermark issue figured out so keep coming back to peek in on what's on my stamping desk.

1 comment:

  1. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete