Thursday, August 18, 2011

trick or treat

I entered this card in the Stampin' Sucess magazine contest for Halloween card.  I just knew I'd get a call on my cell phone from Utah but no such luck.  So far I haven't been published yet but I will keep trying.  This card has a rich razzleberry base with a black panel using the embedded embossing technique.  Various sized circles in old olive, pumpkin pie and rich razzleberry were "squished" into the panel using the square lattice EF.  On the whisper white layer I stamped the boots from the Wicked Cool set and put an owl on top.  I didn't have any current pumpkin DSP so I stamped the cobweb from the same set onto his vest.  His eyes have crystal effects on them and then I tied a knot in the wide stripe ribbon for more texture.  I printed the words using MDS and punched out with the modern label punch.

The inside is the "treat" using the cupcake punch.  I hope you enjoyed.  Please come back tomorrow and I'll post my other entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment