Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Glitter Queens Winter Blog Hop Day 1

Welcome...grab a cup of cocoa and relax for a minute.  The Glitter Queens are here to help you get a head start on the holidays.  You are probably arriving here from Jenny's blog but if you miss anyone just check the end of this post for everyone sharing with us this month.
The holidays can be such a stressful time when it should really be about celebrating family and focusing on the reason for the season.  The first step in making things easier is getting organized.  I was really inspired by the Season of Style This and That Journal and a project I did a few years ago along the same lines.  So here is my holiday planner.
I started with a composition book that I had left over from school supplies.  The front is covered with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The front is decorated with Season of Style Journaling Tags and a fabric bookmark.  I made some tabs with the Envelope Punch Board using the Season of Style DSP stack.  I have 4 sections (calendar, cards, gifts and journaling).




To make any picture bigger just click on it to get a closer look.  In the gift section I also used the envelope punch board to make a place to put receipts.
This was a lot of fun to put together and I also used some washi tape to secure the journaling tags.

I hope this inspires you to get organized and get ahead so you can enjoy the holidays.  Come back tomorrow to see some quick cards that can be packaged together as a gift or given out to special friends.

Now don't stop here keep going to Gina's blog to see what is going on in her holiday workshop.
After Gina you have to see Tamara as she always does something fantastic.

Have fun...see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the Punch Board on these pages! Love this new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use a Composition Book. Pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful and creative Holiday planner! I like the cover with the fabric bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They often send out specials and discounted albums that are available at a lower price for a very limited period of time.
    AAPKI NEWS
    AAPKI NEWS

    ReplyDelete